Thank you for checking out our ranch internship page. We are undecided about the future of our internship program, as our labor needs are being met currently. We will consider reopening for applications for the summer of 2022.
Ranch and Range Management Internship/Apprenticeship
This position is for the individual who is ready to spend 1-3 years fully immersed in the ranching business. Expect to gain real-world experience with the ideas and concepts you have learned in the classroom. Here’s what you can expect from this opportunity:
– Grazing operations – implement a grazing plan and track movements on a grazing chart or with cloud-based software
– Cattle herd management – low-stress handling methods, herd health & nutrition, using horses and/or ATV’s for moving and checking, temporary electric fencing as part of a short-duration, high-intensity grazing system
– General ranch work – hay production, fencing, operating and maintaining machinery, grass seed harvesting
– Opportunities to attend workshops and training seminars on topics such as range management, livestock handling, and soil heath in the area.
Wage depends on experience.
Housing and utilities are provided.
60 hour weeks are the norm, but there will be some that are longer than that. We expect our interns to work roughly the same hours we do.
– Self-motivated, able to finish the job without constant supervision
– Able to lift 50+ lbs
– Comfortable working alone in the field all day (not every day)
– Able to perform basic vehicle maintenance (check fluid levels, change a tire)
– Willing to ask questions & excited about learning
Before you apply, please make sure you understand where we’re located. We’re not in the middle of nowhere, but we’re the last exit before it. Target and Starbucks are 90 miles away.
For further questions about the internship, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.